Wednesday 16 September 2009

Vampires Rock 2009 rehearsals and tour...

2009 Winter tour of Vampires Rock was great fun as usual but as is always the case when your on tour it gets so busy you never write it down at the time and now its a bit of a blur to be honest..
Many of the things that stand out now are things that happened on the road aside of the show.
I remember me and the girls got to the Southampton show at 7.45pm for an 8pm show due to the road being closed on the way..not good. Poor chloe was driving and me and Emily literally got our Vamps gear on in the car so we could all dash out and straight onto the stage if need be! That was awful though probably a funny moment looking back as all the audience were going in as we parked the car anywhere and legged it into the building in all states of undress haha!
The scotland tour bus was fun..lots of partying but to make sure i didnt waste my days i went off on little day trips by myself.. I went Inverness castle and museum, Aberdeens art gallery where i experienced the work off Ron Mueck which completely blew me away including his giant baby piece that i must have circled for over half an hour returning 4 times. it even brought me to tears and this is me!! im not very maternal at all but it was so lifelike that even at that size it was so precious and fragile, i think the size just emphasised its vulnerability and the beauty of life..even now im in love with it!
Photobucket
this is the only picture of it i could find..
I also went to some great churchs and cathedrals in dunfermline before spending the whole day getting drunk with two of the locals. it was like a Scottish cheers..I loved it. These things really made the tour for me!
Edinburgh was another highlight and was nice to return since the festival. I went around the shops, the castle, and to Greyfriars church yard which i especially love because of Greyfriars bobby (i even made them all watch the film version on the tour bus- Birdy laughed aty me and also got hooked..mmmn). It was a lovely sunny day so to have a massive walk away from everyone was really refreshing. I even went on a ghost walk alone in the caves.
That was great, i even felt like i was being touched on the calf in one later to hear that that cave inhabits a little boy who often tugs at ladies skirts and legs or holds there hands..bless!! This part of the tour was definately my favourite!
That night we had a very fancy meal in the exquisite restaurant The Dome as the owner invited us all over due to his friendship with Toyah. We all got our glad rags on and enjoyed a sophisticated evening of champagne, beautiful food and dinner conversation before going back to the bus sticking Steel Panther on and turning the lovely evening into one of the most rock n roll of the tour!!
Another major party night was our afterparty in Mansfield at Red where everyone got stupidly drunk and caused chaos..partly due to the bar man setting the bar on fire for laughs, the guys doing shots of tequila and snorting the salt and squeezing the lime in the eye!!! by the time the absinthe came out i think everyone had lost the plot..
Another good one for me was Manchester because my family came to watch, Brighton because i had never been and it was Halloween so the crowd were dressed up and in the mood and Cardiff because I spent alot of time there it feels homely, it was nice to catch up with all my friends down there too and we all went out to party hard. I made most of them come back to my hotel room until check out to carry on resulting in me getting 30 mins in bed before having to drive to Toyah's for dinner feeling very hungover and not very hungry. I can still picture Kitty and Dan when we left them at the hotel looking broken haha Kitty had a corset and fishnets like a call girl first thing in the morning sat on a hotel doorstep..bless her, thats why i love her. By the time we got there and had a bit of fresh air in her beautiful garden I felt loads better. We had a chilled afternoon with her and her husband Robert (Fripp) before the show. Good times.
The Christmas dates round up with a great night in Preston where our fabulous friend Louise did our hair and make up and made us look gorgeous so we made sure she joined us the following night for our charity show at Old Trafford Cricket club held by 'Loose Woman' the very lovely Denise Welch and Tim Healy. That was another glamorous night and met some lovely people in the after party ( the audience was pretty much celebrities other rich high profile people to raise charity money through ticket sales and auctions). Due to the fact i dont really watch tv well not soaps and stuff i was a bit rubbish at recognising anyone really but everyone was lovely anyway. I especially liked Antony Costa, he was a love bless him and it was nice because we got on so well we kept in touch and are still friends now. funny eh..the same with Nick Newbould who I ended up working with. Had a really good time this tour to sum it up...More dates to go in 2010 but so far so good.

No comments: