Tuesday 25 August 2009

Take That/Blur

Tuesday 23rd Take That..
My musical tastes are extremely schizophrenic i realise but i am excited about seeing Take That at the cricket club, I must of been around 17 last time i saw them which makes me feel old. I keep meaning to see them this time around but im always too busy, im lucky enough to have a free ticket today too which is always a bonus because im always broke. The stage set is fantastic for a start so you can tell this is a going to be a good show! I am actually excited when it starts like a big kid! I dont have a favourite member or anything like that but they have always blown me away as a live band and watching them as an adult i can definately see the influence they have had on my own work and style in choreographer. wow!! i would love to be a take that dancer.. The show was great and their northern charm won everyone over,even all the husbands who pretend to be dragged along. The new songs are really good too and even Jason sings this time round accompanied by himself and mark on guitar, gary on piano and howard on drums..awesome! the only rubbish thing about tonight was the 2 hours it took me to get home (10mins away) because of the traffic which was a million times worse as i was desperate for a wee but all in all a great night out. I will definatley be there again next time round!

Blur 26th June..
Aerial practice again then me and my sister Dahlia head off to the MEN to see Blur, another band from my teens. I loved Blur when i was at school and the second they come on i remember why. they are so much more than song 2, country house and park life and i think they proved that to the people who came for that sort of stuff while keeping the fans happy with blasts from the past including theres no other way, the universal, shes so high, this is a low, to the end, no distance left to run, coffee and tv etc etc. I loved every minute of it and sang myself hoarse. Phil Daniels even joined them for Parklife! Brilliant.
Photobucket

No comments: