Tuesday 25 August 2009

July 6th-11th York/Moho gig

More ballet and trapeze in sheffield then work at Opus with Caroline for their monday night 90's night and some bag dancing!! you have to see it to believe it!! great fun.
Photobucket
caroline-getting in the bag..
Tuesday have a rehearsal with Erin one of my new girls then watch Michael Jackson's memorial on tv and have a lttle cry..RIP. I cant quite believe it,he was my idol growing up and a true legend and lets be fair in this day and age they are rarer than ever before, x factor, big brother, britains got talent and all those other money making machines churning out pointless 'stars' makes sure of that. The only good thing to come from this is everyone is remembering how good his music was, playing it again and enjoying him for that instead of the gossip and rumours that haunted him while he was with us. He will lways be one of the biggest stars of our time if not the biggest and he will be sadly missed.
Continue the week with the usual training,teaching etc and take Stella my pup to be neutered which brings a whole new nightmare to my flat as she has a lamp shade on her head hence lots of bruises on my legs and a frustrated dog. Not the best and its for 10 days!!
Friday me and Caroline headed to York for my first gig of the evening- the stag do booked by his fiance bless her. We were planning the evening with the best man so had to perform in the bar they were in, very strange but in the end it worked out well and was probably the easiest paid gig we have ever done. We got in,set up, performed a 2 minute chair routine as a suprise, had a quich chat and left. Perfect and everyone was happy. the stag was very polite and shy bless him and a little suprised his fiance had booked us, i think he was afraid to enjoy it so maybe we should have told him that before we did it! I then drove us back to Manchester with no petrol and no services which was pretty scary. We were a mile away from the garage when the car started jumping and slowing down aargh!! we did make it though luckily but it was funny and we were convinced we was going to stop a mile away with it in sight just to piss us off but luckily no. i dropped cal off and headed home to change bags and meet bex to go to my second gig at MOHO in manchester for a band night.
The venue is pretty quiet with more people in bands than people watching which is disapointing as some of my new girls are doing the show with us, tonight we have myself, scarlet, denim and new girls rachel, erin aka baby jane and kerry. we do have fun though and its a good test run with not much pressure for the girls in front of the small crowd. We enjoy a few drinks with friends that had come down before calling it a night.
Photobucket
me and my girls at MOHO

No comments: